Wednesday 1 October 2014

White-throated & White-crowned Sparrows

My backyard has been pretty busy these past few weeks. I consistently get around a dozen Purple Finches, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker is still around and both nuthatches make daily visits. Yesterday I even had two Ruby-crowned Kinglets that were passing through. Of course the usual's are still around too like Mourning Doves, Blue Jays, Black-capped Chickadees and American Goldfinches. Also, just when I thought it had moved on, my Carolina Wren was around after supper. I have seen or heard it for almost 6 weeks now!

My newest birds to my yard are what is pictured below. First two adult White-crowned Sparrows showed up and now three juveniles (2nd photo) have been here for a week now. I also am getting between 8-10 White-throated Sparrows along with a few Song Sparrows too. The Chipping Sparrows have moved on, but soon American Tree Sparrows and the Dark-eyed Junco's should both be regulars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment